Sunday, December 22, 2013

♫ On The Tenth Day of Christmas ♫

♫ On the tenth day of Christmas
My favorite author sent to me:
Ten lords a-leaping
Nine ladies dancing
Eight maids a-milking
Seven swans a-swimming
Six geese a-laying
Five golden rings
Four calling birds
Three French hens
Two turtle doves and
A partridge in a pear tree. ♫
(a coupon for a tenth free gift)

On the tenth day of Christmas, I'm offering a $5 Amazon Gift Card. ❤


How to win: first person commenting below or on Facebook Fan Page (leaving contact information) will receive the gift card.

Another recipe from Breaking Bread with Family: (free on Blurb)


Realizing the traditional meals of my family were in jeopardy of being lost to my children forever, I rolled up my sleeves and began organizing the chaos called my late mother-in-law's recipe folder.  Weeding through scraps of paper, envelopes, thank you notes, and index cards, I discovered that the directions for my husband's favorite childhood meals were fading and -periodically - incomplete.

Breaking Bread with Family is a one-stop-shop where those very recipes have been preserved for the next generation. Making the book even more special is the fact that I sprinkled in a few of the dishes most loved and served by my father when he was alive.

These recipes are more southern than gourmet, but, for me, everything about them conjure memories of love, laughter, acceptance, and - above all else - home.

Chopped Broccoli Salad

Salad Ingredients:
1 head of broccoli chopped
1/2 c. finely chopped purple onion

8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
9 slices of crisp bacon crumbled
Dressing Ingredients:
1 c. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. vinegar
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. finely chopped celery (optional)

Directions

Toss salad ingredients in large bowl. Mix dressing ingredients together and pour over salad ingredients. Toss salad until coated.


Let sit for four to six hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.

Don't forget to come back every day for more great giveaways (some for you and some you will be able to giveaway yourself)! 

In case you missed them, you'll want to check out the giveaways spotlighted on the previous posts: 

1 comment: